Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dovizioso Must Defeat Crutchlow and Spies.

Andrea Dovizioso confident, beating Ben Spies and Cal Crutchlow in the rest of the 2012 season will be fundamental to realizing the dream factory MotoGP team squad. The reason, it should be demonstrated only when knocking on the door factory teams.

Dovizioso lost his place in the Repsol Honda at the end of the 2011 season, after he was teammates with Dani Pedrosa and Casey Stoner. Frozen out, the Italian rider moved to the Yamaha Tech 3 satellite team, who when in his debut with the team in this 2012 season, Dovizioso has three podium finishes in four races this promising terakhir.Performa make Dovizioso is confident the team can get back to the factory . It's no secret that the target is a companion Jorge Lorenzo on Yamaha factory team for 2013 season (now the site occupied by Spies).

"Beating Spies and Crutchlow is fundamental for the next season," said Dovizioso told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I can not dream to win the title (in 2012), but I wanted to be closer (to the top three riders), get a good bike, and be ready for next year."

"We'll know (on contract) more at Mugello, which is why I have not thought about it. Now we'll sit around the table: I already have scheduled a meeting (with Yamaha Motor Racing Managing Director Lin Jarvis), although he arrived at we talked about it in every race. "

"I have no indication to understand whether it's yes or no. I'm sure because I do not see any particular reason why I can not join the factory team. Could I fail to achieve that goal? We'll think about a backup plan. However, it later .. . "

Dovizioso is currently fourth in the standings, which put him as the top rider in the category of non-factory. Results in Sachsenring, Germany, last weekend, he finished third, and put him in that position. It also proves that he fits well with the Yamaha.

"At Sachsenring I was able to beat (Spies and Crutchlow), not just in battle, but also in terms of speed."

Therefore, this weekend at Mugello, Dovizioso still carry the similar mission. He wants to continue to put pressure on the top three riders (Jorge Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner), and set a target on the podium. Last season as the team leader Dovizioso Honda in this circuit, and finished second, 0.9 seconds adrift despite of Lorenzo as the winner.

"I come to Mugello with high confidence, competitive in the last two races, which means I can be more than that. I should be confident and work well as last year, when I fight to win," said Dovizioso.

"I wanted to be closer. In the last two races I know, I'm not as fast as they can, while at Mugello I can. Position on the track is important, but I like to drive fast.

"I have a program that aims for third place at Assen and Sachsenring, and I managed to do it. I have even higher goals for Mugello."

No comments:

Post a Comment